Friday, February 20, 2015

Day 51 - 20th February 2015 - Junco, Chickadee, Redpolls and Hairy Woodpecker

Stars are out, blowing, temperature is -7. Big change from last evening when it seemed settled around 0.  More flurries today on the way. A day to do some housework and read another chapter. It's Friday and the end of this week. I think that's a good thing. Not that I want to wish time away but.......
More snow - all day snow again. What more can a person say about that! Yesterday wasn't one of my better days - they've been few and far between lately. Did do some more manuscript reading, laundry and Lexi and I tried roaming. Like I've said before - that's getting more and more difficult to get far. Walking was greasy underfoot on the road and the snowbanks are really to high to jump up on now if there is any traffic. I decided to make a mushroom and cheese omelet for lunch. When I was getting the carton of eggs out of the fridge they went flying out of my hands and landed upside down on the floor. Still in the carton but all nine were smashed. I used 3 eggs for my omelet and made a breakfast bake for Larry with the rest. Hopefully that freezes well. I add a bit of milk, broccoli, corn and shredded cheese and bake it. Cut it in pieces and gives him 4 breakfast servings. His new Doctor is concerned about his sugar levels, wants him to cut out sodium and lose weight. So we are working on changing our diet. Not that I think we ate bad, but I know we ate too much. Now I'm increasing the veggies/fruit and decreasing a lot of other things. He's doing well with little complaining.
One of the Juncos was hunkered down in the Honey suckle bush.
And it snowed and snowed.
A Chickadee thought it was a great place to rest too.
Two of the Redpolls.
The gang has arrived.
Mostly Redpolls, but some Pine Siskins mixed in.
The Hairy Woodpeckers are pretty faithful.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment