Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 44 - 13th February 2015 - Blue Jay, Redpolls, Pine Siskin and Hairy Woodpecker

At the end of the work week folks - temperature is -7 this morning and snowing. We aren't suppose to get too much today, look out for Sunday.  The Great Backyard Bird Count starts today (Feb 13-16) - http://gbbc.birdcount.org/  Check it out, it's fun and only takes a few minutes to sign up and then report your results. You can count for 15 minutes/1 day or count every day - no heavy commitments.  Hoping I get something interesting fly through this weekend. Besides counting today, a little more reading, housework and a romp or two around with Lexi.
I think Thursday was a better day, or at least I felt that way. It did warm up to 0, but no real sun, more grey. I can still hear a few drips ( I try not to look) although some seem to have come to a stop or slowed down. The feeders were busy - lots of Blue Jays, Redpolls, Goldfinches, Pine Siskins, Mourning Doves, Chickadees and Woodpeckers. Even the lone Junco bought a friend so there were two of them. Did some reading on the book we are writing yesterday, I'm skipping around from chapter to chapter not reading in any particular order. That's more for content interest and helps me to read from start to finish when I'm editing later. Made it to exercise class last night - yeah it was good and need it more often. I've missed almost 2 weeks and I could feel it. The stars were all twinkling in the sky last night.
Looks like he's trying to fill up the feeder so the Mourning Dove can't get anything to eat.
Not a great shot, but there was lots of flying in and out yesterday.
Pine Siskin - the small birds like this feeder.
There were lots of Redpolls yesterday.
Another one. I can get some pretty decent shots from the kitchen when they are on the fence.
Hairy Woodpecker - or acrobat, I love watching these guys. They will also come in quite close.
And of course the friendly Chickadee.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment