Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 38 - 7th February 2015 - Chickadees, Sunflower and Grandmother's Journal

It's cold out there this morning, a few stars hiding behind dark clouds. The temperature is -16. Every day gives flurries, I just saying to myself - it's February, winter will soon be over. Believe it or we are already through the first week of the month. Will try to get out for a run with Big B. around the hood today, grocery shopping of course is on the list of fun things to do.
It was nice to get the internet back on Friday and catch up on things - emails, scrabble, etc. It's amazing how it has become our contact with the outside world - friends, family and news. Maybe we depend on it too much, but that life in an electronic world. Another call to Eastlink and I received a credit on my bill for next month. Not as much as I would have liked, ( I thought I should have a free month) but something just the same.
Grandmother's Journal:
7 Feb 1976: Beautiful winter day, cold and sunny. Bob, Bobbie, Mike and Tom off to MC early. I worked cooking, cleaning up etc. Kim up for supper. Days are beginning to get a little longer now. I walked to Post Office this afternoon late. 
8 Feb 1976: Bob, Bobbie and Tom off to MC. A bit of snow over night. Flurries during afternoon probably 1 in. on the ground. I walked down home. Nasty and snowy. Milder tonight, cleared in late afternoon. Mike too tired to go today. 

If I go out on the deck, the  Chickadees aren't one bit concerned about me and will perch fairly close, some times too close for the camera.
Squirrel tracks in the snow, they look bigger than they are.
This poor old sunflower continues to hang on through, snow, ice and what ever else nature throws at it.
The icicles on the side of the house break off in the heat of the sun some times.
A single Redpoll in the afternoon, wonder if he could be a Hoary instead of a Common.





Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Like the icicle photo but really pleased to read Grandmother's Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the icicle photo but really pleased to read Grandmother's Journal.

    ReplyDelete