Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 41 - 10th February 2015 - Glimpses of Summer past

It's only -9 this morning, that may be an improvement. A little snow during the night. I am fed up, tired and have had enough of winter! I know it started late so we should be able to push on and get through it - I just don't feel that way. I want a glimpse of spring - finish with the cold temperatures, the icicles that are hanging off my house and need to be beat off every few nights and the ice under the snow when you walk. So I guess that's my little rant. Stomp, stomp feet!!
My cousin came up yesterday for her dress fitting, shouldn't be long now for me to finish it off. Another item off my list. Made cranberry/blueberry muffins so we snacked on those while we had coffee and caught up on the news. Lexi and I roamed a bit, stopped and talked to Lois for a few minutes, but it's cold and the snow prevents us from tramping through the woods much.
Since I'm tired of winter, I went back to a warm day in August and the seashore.
The Shorebirds feed along the water's edge.
Sometimes that practically blend in with their surroundings.
A Ruddy Turnstone makes haste across the sand.
Wildflowers were in bloom.
Kelp and Seaweed are washed ashore by the tide.
Hiding in plain sight.

Summer colors.




Well looking at the photos without snow perked me up.





Enjoy your day!

1 comment: