Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 46- 15th February 2015 - Snow, Grasses and a Redpoll

The big red bars are on the weather site - "winter storm warnings" etc. It's blizzard like conditions out there this morning - snowing hard and wind blowing, temperature is -7 (knew it felt warmer). I guess we'll hunker down and and wait out the storm. Guess after I've had a couple cups of coffee to get myself moving, I'll start a big pot of soup - something that's easy to heat up if the power decides to go off later and good for leftovers tomorrow. It's going to be a lazy day - maybe some more reading on the manuscript and watching for birds from the kitchen window.
I never did get a nap yesterday, seemed the day just kind of flew by. To town in the morning, stopped for tea at my cousins on the way and had chocolate cake too - she makes the best chocolate cake. Larry bought be chocolates for Valentines - true way to my heart. I caught up on a few things around the house, charged up cell phone, kobo and readied a bit for the storm. Caught Lois and Danny out skiing when I went for  a walk in the afternoon. So had tea with her when they finished. I guess it was a tea drinking day!
The trees cast long shadows these days in the snow.

It was a beautiful day - the lake is frozen and covered in snow, the sky was true blue.
Lois and her skis.
Some of her ornamental grasses are still hanging on in the wind and the weather.
This Redpoll found a stash of seeds that the squirrels had knocked out of the feeder.








Enjoy your day - stay safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment