Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 54 - 23rd February 2015 - Blue Jay, Redpolls, Pine Siskins and Ice

Here we are back to Monday and the start of the work week again. Dark out there, not a star in sight and the temperature is -2. Bound to be a slippery drive for those on the roads this morning.  Looks like the temperatures won't be quite as cold as they have been this week. Maybe we are in for a break and moving toward spring as the last week of February passes on. For me it's going to be a week of finishing things up. There are ends of odds that will only take a few hours or an afternoon to get cleaned off my to do lists. I'm sure that will perk me up and make me feel better.
A change of pace for Sunday - we woke up to rain, lots of rain. It made for a slow breakfast at our Community Hall as the rain left things rather icy and I'm sure people didn't want to come out for fear of falling. I know I had some doubts as I slid across the step going to the truck. Larry got most of the rest of the ice off the roof and all is quiet for now. Hopefully we are in the clear for the rest of this winter. I made some Quinoa Broccoli and Cheddar bites for Larry's lunch this week - healthy eating. They are definitely tasty.  If you haven't cooked with Quinoa, give it a try - it's a grain and cooked like rice but can be used in various dishes. I'll try a little experimenting with it over the next few weeks. Although it's not cheap; I picked some up at the Bulk Barn on sale. Larry's turn to cook so it was Roast Chicken with lots of veggies.
One of the many Blue Jays.
Hoping no one is tired of Redpolls.
The Pine Siskins are pretty with just a hint of yellow through their wings and tails.

The Chickadees are happy with whatever you put out.
As the icicles drip - this is what appears on the deck.

A little snow cover on the Honeysuckle bush.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment