Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 34 - 3rd February 2015 - Sunrise, Icicles, Pine Siskins and Lexi

Woke up too early, temperature is -10. I don't think it actually warmed up too much as they were predicting but there seems to be a fair amount of snow out there. It's blowing this morning, I can hear the wind howling. Out of curiosity I put on my jacket and boots and went out on the back deck to check things out. More shoveling is needed! It's that hard crusty snow that I can stand on in most spots, stars are all out now. I don't think it ever got warm enough here to rain. Roads are no doubt slippery this morning, will be surprised if there is school. Poor kids will never get exams written. Did I mention 6 more weeks of winter so say the Groundhog, I guess that's to be expected!
Yesterday I made a nice big pot of stew. It's one of those comfort foods on a stormy day. Lexi and I got out once before the snow started and then of course she couldn't resist dragging me out through the woods in the middle of it. It was a snowsuit kind of day for me, and these short legs are starting to have trouble as the snow gets deeper in the woods. Did some shoveling in the afternoon, so I guess between the walks and the shovel, it was alright that exercise was cancelled. I counted 21 Blue Jays at the feeders once, they take up a lot more room and eat faster than the normal 40 Goldfinches, 16 Redpolls and 5 Pine Siskins. The Chickadees never give up - even in the worst of the storm they are back and forth to get seeds.
 Nothing like an early morning sunrise in the winter at -14.
 A bit of fun with the weeds and the sun coming up over the lake.
 The sun reflects in the icicles.
 A Crow enjoying the calm before the storm.
 There were 5-6 Pine Siskins around the feeders most of the day.
 She looks a little chubby, but I think she's just puffed out.
 My girl Lexi who loves the snow.
He got the prize, but looks like he's wearing white glittery eye shadow.






Enjoy your day! Take care on your way to work this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment