Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day 55 - 24th February 2015 - At the Feeders - Pine Siskins, Chickadees, Redpolls and Goldfinches

I overslept this morning, probably because I was so long getting to sleep last night. Larry's been kind enough to pass on the "man cold" to me - once again! Temperature is -19, and will no doubt drop another couple degrees as daylight arrives. I've got some cooking to do today. Pot luck supper to go to this evening and I think I'll make a soup with the left over roast chicken. Other than that I'm going to work on a few more things on the list.
It was a slipper morning under foot Monday. Lexi and I decided to cut through the woods on our first outing (thinking foolishly the snow had gone down with the rain) - it was a work out that's for sure! Hard going. Second trip out some of the ice had melted on the edge of the road making it a little easier. Some manuscript  and database entry filled in my work day. Laundry and sweeping finished off my housework. I did make it out to exercise class. One thing I notice last night while waiting for the girls to pick me up for class - the days are getting much longer - it's a good sign that we are surviving winter and spring is soon within our grasp.
Lots of action at the feeders - Redpolls and Pine Siskins.
The Goldfinches are getting brighter.
I'm enjoying having the Redpolls visit this year. We missed them last winter.
And there are always lots of Chickadees.
Hanging out on the fence.
More Redpolls.
A little ruffled.
Playing cute on the top of a feeder.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment