Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 43 - 12th February 2015 - Sunrise, Pine Siskins and a Woodpecker

Thursday morning, temperature is -12. Sounds like Friday's storm has fizzled a bit, some snow overnight and tomorrow morning. Sunday sounds like a snow day though. Hard to tell yet, it's only Thursday.  I think today, I'm going to finish off the manuscript reading, it's gotten a head of me and Karen has sent another few chapters so time to go through it and pass on some ideas/thoughts to her. Lexi and I need to get out and tramp through the woods - don't care how deep it is, hopefully some we can walk on top of. Neither of us has had a good run lately.
Wednesday was another cold windy day. Brrr, I dislike that North wind - it cuts right through you. It wasn't a bad day in town, easier to get around  than last week. I even got quite a bit accomplished which is better than I've done in about a month.  Maybe things are improving? We did come home to a house with a temperature of +13 and more dripping from the ice build up. That gets me down. I should remember that's a small issue compared to somethings going on with other people. Maybe it's time for me to suck it up, pull up my big girl bloomers and stop letting winter get me down. Perhaps that's the whole problem - we've only had winter for a few weeks but when it came it hasn't stopped.
Beautiful morning on the lake. The sun came up slow and soft.

Pine Siskin on the fence.
The Woodpeckers seem to be quite happy in the feeders.
There are so many Chickadees this year.
A flock of Pine Siskins take cover from the snow.
A snowy day.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment