Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 33 - 2nd February 2015 - Sunrise, Feeders and Snow

Brr... -14 this morning. Another storm on it's way - two red bars this morning - one with "winter storm warning in effect" the other "rainfall warning in effect". Well it's got to warm up a lot of for that rain. There will be freezing rain/ice pellets in between. Not my idea of fun. Think I'll start a  big stew this morning, good for a couple of meals. Will be nice simmering on the back of the stove. More book editing to do today and whatever else I can get up to. Birds were busy feeding yesterday, hoping a few others will join today - maybe an Evening Grosbeak or two.
Sunday was cold, snow flurries and lots of wind. Cancelled our brunch reservations, hopefully there will be another Sunday in the near future we can go. Truthfully I don't travel well in the winter - too many years of having to go on bad roads and miserable weather. So these days I'm more or less content (mostly more) to hang close to home and pop out with the spring crocus' and daffodils. HA!HA!  We did venture to town to do the weekly grocery shopping. Down and back in just a little over an hour. In town we slid through an intersection instead of turning on to another street. Thank goodness, Larry drives like Miss Daisy (slow) - suits me fine! Forgot it was Superbowl night - well not my thing, so Larry watched upstairs, then we switched rooms when I was ready to go to bed. Makes for a happy couple.
The sun moved slowly up through the old apple tree.
The gangs all here.
Then the Hairy Woodpecker took over.
I'm having a great debate with myself whether this is a Common or a Hoary Redpoll - white rump, maybe Hoary. I have one among the group who is much lighter than the others, not sure if this is him or not.
Bobbing for apples or just seeds.
No leaves or flowers on the Honeysuckle Bush - just clumps of snow.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment