Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 49 - 18th February 2015 - Snow, Bling, Chickadee, Redpoll and Bald Eagle

It's warmer this morning - temperature is -8, stars were all out and a little snow falling, but it's suppose to be a nice day. The man cold has once again raised it's ugly head in our house, hoping it doesn't last long and I don't catch it too.
Feels like I don't accomplish much these days, but just getting ready to go out for a walk takes 15 mins - snowsuit, boots, hat, 2 pairs of gloves and Big B. then I came back and exchanged her for Lexi since I was dressed anyway. It was a nice day for walking especially later on once it warmed up some. One of those very calm and quiet days. I did put my nose to the grindstone and read some more of the manuscript. Shaping up nicely - we are making headway.
Grandmother's Journal:
18th February 1976: Snow and rain most of day, milder. Bob, Bobbie & Tom to MC, no tracks. Home around 2 o'clock. Catherine and I had bridge to night. Rain and messy under foot. Doris brought us home. 
19th February 1976: High winds this morning, some rain. Snow went fast. Bob, Bobbie & Tom to MC. Nasty walking this morning. Slow in the store. 
20th February 1976: Beautiful this morning when the sun was out. Became overcast and some wind, colder and damp feeling. Very spring like. Walking was terrible this morning early. Got a ride with Joan. Bob, Bobbie & Tom to MC for the day. 
My wreath at the front door will soon be hidden behind the snowbank.
A little morning bling in the woods.

A Chickadee on my walk.
There were lots of Chickadees and a couple of White - breasted Nuthatches.
Redpoll - resting, no wind yesterday to blow him around.
A Bald Eagle we saw in Port Clyde last night.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment