Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 264- 21st September 2014 - Mist, Yellow Rumped Warbler, Hermit Thrush and Sanderlings

Don't forget the Whirligig Festival is still on today on Dock St. Looks like we finally have some rain on the way - suppose to be lots late today and overnight. Have to frost the cake this morning, do some laundry and roam the hood. I should make a stop at Frenchy's today when we are in town - I seriously need a new dress/outfit and some jeans.  I just detest shopping anymore, used to be able to go for hours but not now - must be an age thing. Would rather go birding.
Had a long roam around the hood yesterday morning, wore my gloves or my trigger finger wouldn't have worked- it was cold. By the time I got home again it had warmed up a lot. Lots of Yellow Rumped Warblers around, Song Sparrows and a couple of Hermit Thrushes. Got a fleeting glance of the Blackpoll Warbler. Back home, quick whip around the house, lunch and then we headed off to Hemeon's Head. Not one of our better birding trips there - apparently it was "Waterfowl Heritage Day" where you could take a minor out to shoot at birds. Oh well, sucked for us. The Teals didn't hang around in the pond long. Saw a few Sanderlings, Black Bellied Plover and Gulls. A stop in town for groceries, then home for supper and I baked a chocolate zucchini cake for a benefit supper tonight.
It was a mystical morning on the lake.
 Song Sparrows were feeding and playing.
 And the mist rose up!
 Lots of Yellow-Rumped Warblers.
 I can fly! Oops, I'm still holding on!
 Song Sparrow - Hey lady - whatcha' looking at?
 The faithful Hermit Thrush.


 Gulls along the beach.

 Sanderlings along the waterline. A little dark maybe but I liked the bling in the background.



A Solitary Sandpiper.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment