Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 254- 11th September 2014 - Chickadee, Northern Parula and WIldflowers

Back to work, hoping for a slow, easy day. Early last evening my foot began to bother me, which continued to ache and throb all night and this morning I can hardly bear weight. Not sure what that's all about but I'm hoping it will work it's self out. Stairs are not the easiest to do so I won't be going far once I do get to work unless it improves.
Wednesday was a great day off - perfect weather - warmed up, light breeze. Had a good roam around the hood in the morning, saw lots of birds - but just the regulars, although most wanted to hang in the highest canopies. They just weren't in the photo-op mood. Stopped and had tea with Lois on her deck and battled her roosters - not sure I'll ever get used to them. They are just too familiar.  A few walks with Lexi, some housework, made a casserole for later this week and supper for last night and that rounded out the day.                                                                                          
 Breakfast anyone?
 I see several Northern Parulas almost every day. He looks like he's got something on the end of his beak too.
A single feather floating on the lake.
 A bouquet fit for a bride.
 White-breasted Nuthatch. Love to watch these little guys come "down" the tree trunks.
 Sunflowers in a neighbour's yard.
 I'm thinking Yellow-rumped Warbler.
 A white Glad in bloom in my garden.








Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment