Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 259 - 16th September 2014 - Common Yellow-Throated Warbler, Song Sparrow and Great Blue Herons

Must be feeling better I'm up at 5 am.  This morning I'll aim for a little more distance on my walk but not my normal walk, that may come on Wednesday when I'm off. Fingers crossed the weather holds for the weekend and there are still a few birds around and we can hit the shore again.
At the end of the workday, I thought this has been the longest week, then realized it was only Monday. So after much going back and forth we were informed that the Cruise Ship Balmoral would not be coming here on Wednesday.  Apparently it boiled down to a Captain who couldn't pilot the ship into the Harbour and Transport Canada not having a Harbour Pilot available for this area. Live and Learn.  An easy night for me, foot up and relaxing mostly. Made it through my first day with a shoe on since last week.
 It was pretty misty out there yesterday morning. When I see it rising from the lake reminds me of a witches cauldron.
 Spied this guy yesterday morning. I took my camera and left much later than normal since I was still on hobbling somewhat just so I wouldn't go as far. Couldn't go another day without a short jaunt in the hood.
 Common Yellow-throated Warbler.
 Song Sparrow.
Gull in the Harbour. No idea what kind - juvenile. Maybe I need to work on these guys this winter.
 There were two Great Blue Herons on the reef in the Harbour.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment