Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 260 - 17th September 2014 - Blackpoll Warbler, Red-Eyed Vireo and Gulls

With no cruise ship today - I'm home. Foot is feeling so much better, think this is the last day for pills. Stars and moon are still out and shining brightly in the sky. Should be a good morning to roam the hood. Hoping I'll see something else interesting. The days of Warblers are certainly numbered - I'll soon have to be content with the feeders. Making turkey soup and doing a bit of housework. Not going to over do anything, I want to be in fine shape for the weekend.
Tuesday was a pretty good day overall, I'm moving faster all the time and I got a new lifer in the morning. The day progressed well at work - accomplished a few things off the list and then had a quiet evening at home. Larry of course put more wood in the basement. It's coming and will soon be done - probably just in time to start burning it. Love the wood heat and for this old house it's the way to go but it's a never ending job.
 My new bird - Blackpoll Warbler - immature male or female.
 So you are forced to see more than one photo too!

 Not bad shots considering the light was really low. Look at those toes!
 Red-Eyed Vireo was hanging out too.
The Gulls are congregating in the harbour these days too.






Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the mend! Don't do too much today. We'll we all know I am not overly fond of birds but have to admit the blackpoll,warbler is kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete