Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 58 - 27th February 2014 - Pigeons and the Harbour

This is the first time in quite a while that I've been up in the middle of the night. Temperature is - 12.6, but the stars are all out and the snow is glistening like bling. I turned the back light on and let Lexi out for a few minutes and could hear the lake moaning and groaning under the ice. I know it wants to escape. Last week this time it was milder and I thought for sure the ice would soon start to move out but now we are back in the deep freeze and it will stay awhile longer. I have the Efficiency  NS guy coming this morning - wrap the hot water heater, new light bulbs etc. A free service if anyone wants it. Anything that helps with the power bill is a good thing in my mind.
Had a good day in town Wednesday, most everything went along pretty well and I accomplished quite a bit. First time I've said that in a while. It did warm up to about -5 during the day - still not terribly warm. Started snowing in the afternoon - you know that fine stuff. We like to say "little" snow - big snow; "big" snow - little snow, but for once this was wrong, although the roads were greasy and slippery on the way home. We actually did a fishtail in town which made me hold my breath til we go safely in the house.
 Pigeons were sleeping on someone's roof top - glad it wasn't mine.
 It was a beautiful morning on the Harbour.
 Gulls were napping on the ice.
 Looking down the harbour at the Lighthouse.
A Merganser flew by.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment