Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 53 - 22nd February 2014 - Woodpeckers, Rain Drops and Bark

Temperature is +4.2, another mild morning. A lot of the snow has disappeared the last few days, although if the weather reports are right there is more to come this week. I'm ready for spring, not sure about the rest of you. By the looks of our fridge I know that grocery shopping is at the top of my list today, Larry has a fire dept practice and other than that, not sure what we'll do. Tomorrow is looking like some sun, so I'm going to try to get out birding. A friend has an Owl who's hanging out in her yard and sitting on her deck so would like to catch up with him this weekend.
It's been one of those weeks where I've been lucky enough to catch up with a few old friends. Nothing like a chat on the phone with girlfriends you haven't seen for a while as well as one of my favourite cousins. It's been a month or so since we've had a natter on the phone rather than chat on the pc. Sometimes a voice is so much better than typed words. It stayed fairly mild yesterday even when we had snow around lunch time, thought it might be time to build a fire then in the furnace, house felt damp rather than cold. Smoked fish with egg sauce for supper, comfort food and stirred up good memories from the past. It's daylight late enough now that I can actually get out for a walk after supper - feels good.
 A hint of the sun through the woods. Looks like a fire.
 I walk by this windfall at least once a day, but never noticed the chain until now.
Just a hint of color over the tree line.
 This Hairy Woodpecker was sure busy, look at the holes.
 I'm sure the Pileated Woodpecker has visited this tree, I just haven't caught him here yet.
 He basically ignored me.
 I have no idea what this is, but it's kind of cool.
 Found this guy in another part of the wood yesterday.
 Raindrops.
The birch bark is all curled up and down the tree.


















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment