Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 51 - 20th February 2014 - Chickadees, Nuthatches and the Lake

Temperature is +1.0 this morning. I slept better last night than the last few although I'm not sure why, maybe just exhaustion has caught up with me.  I also noticed yesterday morning when I had posted the blog and shared it to Facebook and Twitter that finally after months of trying the Pinterest button was now there! Dah! Not sure how or why but it works.  Lexi and I are on our own today and we are spending another night on leftovers so not sure what we are going to spend the day doing - around the hood for sure, hopefully shouldn't be too slippery. I'm on a judging panel for grant application (not locally or within this region) so I received them yesterday - probably a good time to set them up and start. I've got 15 to go through and would like to mail them back next week when I'm in town.
We had a very slow and careful drive to town yesterday morning. I went in with Cindy and was so glad she is a creeper - the road was very icy. Anyway I'm not a good traveler (one reason why I like to stay home in the winter) so was happy to get there safely. So it was rather an uneventful day - nothing terribly exciting - just a few rough areas to deal with. I did manage to get some things done but not as much as I would have liked. That's the way it goes in the winter time. A supper of leftovers and then a quick jaunt around the hood. Nice that it's still daylight after supper and I can get out.Then an easy night in front of the TV, although I fought going to bed too soon.
I heard them singing their spring song yesterday morning "Phoebe, Phoebe"
 Not sure if he was trying to flash me or what, but definitely some tail action there.
 He was up too high - White breasted Nuthatch. Both the Nuthatches were hanging out there.
 Lake was still and quiet last evening after supper. At least now I can get out for a walk.
With all the weather we've had the leaves are still hanging on here.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment