Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 55 - 24th February 2014 - Sunrise, Common Merganser, Gulls, Cormorant and Beaver

Monday morning folks - back to work for those of you that go. Weekends go by so fast. Temperature is +1.8, a chance of flurries or rain this morning, looks like every day this week is a chance of something. That way they have to be right part of the time! Hard to believe we hare rolling through the last week of February. Ironically February is the shortest month, but often feels like one of the longest. I need to get through the rest of those applications that I have to jury, would like to finish them up this week so I can send them back. Exercise class tonight!
I think most every household in Canada was in front of the TV watching the Hockey game yesterday morning. I went for my walk early, when I came home Larry had it on and was cooking breakfast - Blueberry Pancakes for Sunday morning - yum. Sorry but I'm not a sports fan - even the Olympics - so I vacated the living room til it was almost over. Later we took a drive along the shore - sticking to pavement and off the dirt roads, they are way to soft right now. Checked out some wharves for duck activity, stopped and visited a few friends along the way home.
 The sun is slow and lazy, but it turned out to be a brilliant day.


 Found this female Common Merganser down around one of the wharves.


 Getting ready to dive.
1st winter Great Black Backed Gull.
 Herring Gull.
 Cormorant.
 He was moving along.
 Such ragged looking wing feathers.

 Came across this guy too - what a cutie. Beaver for those not familiar.
Love his little hands.













Here's is big flat tail, makes quite a splash when he slaps it on the water.
















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment