Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 41 - 10th February 2014 - Pileated Woodpecker, Lake, Snow and a Gold Finch

Monday morning - where do the weekends go - snowing out there now, fingers crossed it doesn't amount to anything. Temperature is nippy, -8.9. The house will be cold when we get home supper time. Oh I hate coming home to a cold house but not much we can do about that today since I'm off to Jury duty (hopefully I'm not picked). I've made plans to have dinner with my Dad today, not sure what good stuff he'll whip up for me but I'm looking forward to it.
An easy Sunday. I got lots of work done around in the morning - laundry, cooked a ham, made cookies and housework. Took a walk around the hood. I found it rather damp and kind of chilly even though the sun had come out. A Pileated Woodpecker arrived in the yard. I kept my eye on him but didn't get great photos. I'm hopeful he'll be back. We have some lovely Woodpecker trees in the area. I'm not sure but there may have been two, will remain watchful. Would have been a great day to take off and go somewhere but Larry and a project to finish off he's been working on so we hung close to home.
 A nice looking male Pileated Woodpecker - note the red mustache.

 A snow squall across the lake.
 Kind of an odd glow to the sun - thinking that might mean snow.
 Cute little Goldfinch having lunch.
I'm a sucker for the grasses even when they've seen better days.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment