Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 38 - 7th February 2014 - Sunrise, Townsend Solitaire, Shadows, Lexi and Snow Shadows

Brrr - it's a cold one this morning, -14.4 and the house is +14.4, won't take long to warm her up fire is going now. Friday and the end of the work week for most. Suppose to be a few flurries today but not much. I'll be out doing some serious hood stalking and finishing up the housework around here. If the weather stays decent on the weekend, might get out and around somewhere.
It turned out to be a great day yesterday. Had some good news in the morning about an office project, Lexi and I played a lot outside - roamed the hood and I saw a new and semi-rare bird to our area in the afternoon. You just can't get much better than that! Love the day after a storm the way the sun shines on the fresh snow and there is often not a foot print - just clear sparkle of bling bouncing on the snow. Whipped up a bit of pasta for supper, then off to exercise. I stayed pretty pumped all evening about that bird. Umm guess it doesn't take much to excite me or make me happy and I could use that this week.
The sun broke through.
 We had a great run, Lexi loves the snow and we broke trails. Although we had a slow walk home, her feet were filling with snowballs.
 If you stand still for a few minutes in the woods you can just about always find a few Chickadees.
 On top the Christmas tree.
 This was so cool yesterday afternoon - like little rainbows in the clouds. I've never seen it before.
 Great shadows with the bright sun and snow.



 Not sure if the Blue Jay made it or not, saw 3-4 feathers.
 The White Throated Sparrow.
 Love the Chickadees!
My newest lifer - Townsend Solitaire.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment