Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 46 - 15th February 2014 - Butterflies and Better Weather

I can see the stars this morning, temperature is -3.4, which is pretty normal for this time of year. The red alert bars are once again up on the weather sites - "wind and rainfall warning for tonight". Have to make a run for groceries sometime, guess it will be in town since Larry has a "man cold" (ugh) and won't  feel like tramping anywhere so it will probably be a quick run to town. Which is really ok with me as I'm not thrilled with a lot of ice underfoot. Usually if we go to Barrington or somewhere else out of town it includes a little birding and maybe lunch.
Friday was a very wet day, rain most all day except late in the afternoon it turned to snow with maybe some ice pellets mixed in for a while. Not a great day for Lexi and I around the hood. It blew so hard, I half wondered if we would end up under at tree as we made several quick trips out side so we could both have a stretch and she could do her thing. The last few days haven't been great for photos either. So we spent most of the day inside putting the house back to rights, catching up on all that fun stuff. I think it's safe to say that most of us our really getting tired of winter this year. Now instead of snow we seem to have moved on to rainstorms, not sure if that's much better as I foresee flooding coming up soon.
 I went digging back into my photos - decided I wasn't in the mood to post snow/rain photos today and wanted something a little more encouraging.
 Not one of my greatest but I like the movement and the reflection.
 Think it's an American Redstart. I'm so waiting for the spring warblers to show up.
 Summer blooms.
 Among my favourite.
White Astilbe in my shade garden.



















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment