Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 56 - 25th February 2014 - Leaves, Bird's Nest and Red-winged Blackbird

Lexi and I had a hard job getting out of bed this morning which isn't like either of us, but it was a snuggle kind of morning. Might be because the temperature is -7 again. Back to winter? Those on dirt roads will be happier I'm sure. Here we are in the last week of February, before I know it I'll be back to work again. Really need to get my act together and get things done that I had on my grand winter list.
Got through the first reading of the grant applications yesterday I have to judge, took a little longer than I anticipated but the next run through won't be as long, hopefully they'll be finished today. A strange weather day, temperature went up above +7 then dipped down to +5.8 with snow flurries off and on. Dark clouds through the sky - then bright blue with soft fluffy clouds. So I made a  few phone calls yesterday - one to our Municipal Waste person for a new Composter and one to Efficiency NS. Val is coming out today to bring and help me set up the Composter. The guy from Efficiency NS is coming on Thursday to wrap the hot water heater, etc. All in the name of helping the environment and saving some money, works for me. Give both places a call and do yourself a favour! Exercise class last night of course it was Tabatas which I really like or hate - can't be sure which. My knees were just screaming - they are not happy these days - I think it's the extra weight I've packed on this winter - ugh!
 Some wonderfully strange clouds.
 Would love to know who raised their family in this nest.
 Like paper in the wind.
 Lots of windfalls this winter.
 Wasn't sure who this was until I saw the glimmer of color on his wing - the Red winged Blackbird.
It's been a while since I've seen him at the feeder, wonder where the rest of his flock is.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment