Sunday, May 28, 2017

Day 144, 28th May 2017 - Song Sparrow, Hermit Thrush and Lupins

Looks like another grey day out there. Hope it clears this morning and turns out fine. Should probably build a fire this morning, house has a damp, cold feeling to it. Well my last day of winter vacation, think we'll head toward the east end of the county and try out a little birding later this morning. Still a few thing around here to do this afternoon. We didn't win at Chase the Ace last night but we had a good time at our gathering, making for a later night then I'm used to but I slept in a little longer this morning. Nice for a change. Did some marathon cooking after grocery shopping Saturday. Managed to get lunchbox entrees for 3 weeks done up for Larry. Salmon, quiona & veggies, Meatloaf, homemade taters & veggies, Sweet & sour meatballs, rice and veggies, Chicken and veggie stirfry with pasta and a double batch of healthy muffins. That will give me a bit of breathing room til I get back in my routine again, just have to figure out suppers for us.

Song Sparrow high in  tree.
















My favourite songster - the Hermit Thrush.
The Lupins along the roadside will soon be in bloom.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment