Sunday, May 7, 2017

Day 123 - 7th May 2017 - Great Blue Heron, Hairy Woodpecker and Hyacinths

Raining hard this morning, suppose to clear later today. Saturday it didn't rain till evening, but the day hung in overcast skies and you though any time it would begin. Probably should have gone to Cape Sable Island but we'll try for today. Hopefully the Sandhill Crane will still be around. Did that grocery thing yesterday, picked up bird seed (they are eating me out of house and home) then did a little more cleaning. Larry spent another hour or two in the wood pile. The hood was quiet, Saturday but then I was out around lunch time and it was blowing hard. The girls and I decided we'd take a chance on Chase the Ace last night - the Ace lives so we lost a few dollars, but enjoyed the music although it was a long and late evening for me. As I'm putting this together the rain let up but then came back again.
 We watched this Great Blue Heron catching brunch at the Causeway.
 He seemed to be oblivious to the Black Duck, concentrating on his prey instead.
 Suet isn't always necessary.
Hyacinth in bloom - I'm sure this morning my flowers are all beat down from the rain.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment