Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 142 - 26th May 2017 - Common Yellowthroat, Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker and Cedar Waxwing

No rain yesterday til late afternoon. Roamed the hood for a bit in the morning, then puttered around. Off to town before lunch, got our Chase the Ace tickets for Saturday night and a few errands done. Around 6:30 when I was eating supper I remembered it was Thursday night and exercise class - missed it! Looks like we are in for mostly a wet morning/day, probably just as well, I noticed the lake is starting to drop again. Seems like even after a good rain it doesn't hold for long. It's Friday, my last one off before going back to work so we'll have to make the best of our Thelma and Louise outing today. I'm sure I'll get a few Friday's off over the summer but it's not quite the same as the one day a week I've escaped from the woods this winter.
 A Common Yellowthroat was kind enough to let me get some decent shots.
 Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker. He was noisy, when I initially heard him I thought it was a Pileated Woodpecker.
Cedar Waxwing - there were a few in Margie's apple trees yesterday.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment