Monday, May 22, 2017

Day 138 - 22nd May 2017 - Flowering Bush, Chickadee and Canada Mayflower

It was nice that the blog photos were slow uploading this morning. I took the opportunity to have my coffee on the deck while I waited. Mackeral back sky, Hermit Thrush and Song Sparrows singing. For me it's the best part of the day. Enjoy today because we are in for a couple of days of wet weather - no complaints, last summer's dry spell is still fresh in my mind. We had a good work day on Sunday and made some good headway. Another day or day and half, and I'll have the layout completed. It's  a transcription of a ledger started in 1867 of ship wrecks on the Islands (Brier and Long) so is of historical interest. Of course it includes maps, some information about the ledger keepers, etc. We'll go over what else needs to be done before Dorothy heads off home.
 Rhododendron of some kind I think from Lois' gardens or an Azalea. I can never remember garden plants.
 You can always find a Chickadee, even when the other birds are being evasive.
Canada Mayflower are beginning to bloom.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment