Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 214 - 1st August 2016 - Red-Eyed Vireo, American Redstart and a Sunrise

Good Morning August! Can't believe it's the 8th month ....time is flying, things are good. Best summer I've had in a long time. Today is Natal Day - one of the holidays that's not really a holiday and most people work. We are open on holidays but do get an extra day in lieu of which is fine with me. Had a busy day yesterday at work - lots of people around. Nice to see a few "Local Tourists"  showing their children what the museums are all about. We have so many great things in Shelburne County! I did a quick batch of muffins for Larry's lunch box this week then headed out for a quick roam in the hood yesterday morning to see what was around. A number of Red Eyed Vireos, Sparrows - Swamp and Song, Black & White Warblers, the Black Throated Blue was zipping by, Yellow Rumped Warbler, the Catbird, Palm Warblers and an American Redstart. These days I've got a couple of good spots and if I stand in the middle of the road (private) they are basically all around me. Maybe I should take my chair and coffee. They are busy catching breakfast which is cool to watch and even better if I can get a few decent shots.

 Red-eyed Vireo


Beautiful sunrise - I couldn't resist Sunday morning - the sky was so pink and pretty. So pj clad I jaunted out to the road and caught two of the neighbour's animal in the sunrise.












 Nothing like an undertail shot to confirm an ID - American Redstart
Same bird - front view. Female I would guess.


Swamp Sparrow.







Enjoy your day!












No comments:

Post a Comment