Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Day 236 - 23rd August 2016 - Common Yellowthroat Warbler, Cranberries and Northern Parula

Beautiful star lit morning out there. The wind last evening has blown the humidity out and it's cool and crisp. Almost, dare I say - has a feeling of autumn. Cool nights and warm days are my favourite. Work today, it should be a little more comfortable with our numerous layers of clothes. 
Even though Monday started off in thick fog, turned to high humidity, dark skies and a shower or two before supper it was a great day off. Quiet morning walk, found a few birds out on the main road. Did some cooking, a load of laundry (hold my breath every time that the well will continue) and some light housework. When the rain started I put on my swim suit and showered on the deck, even managed to wash my hair. It felt so good! Much better than the scant amount I'm using everyday! Found a red tomato in the garden, they are starting to ripen but won't be terribly big like other years. The daily watering is keeping things growing.
Common Yellowthroat Warbler
















Northern Parula
I'm surprised with the lack of rain how well the cranberries in the ditch are doing. Looks like it might be a good year for them.


Red-Eyed Vireo








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment