Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 213 - 31st July 2016 - Black-Throated Blue Warbler, Swamp Sparrow and Hermit Thrush

Here goes another month - good bye July - you've been hot and humid. The house feels no cooler than when I went to bed last night, as I forgot to open some windows in the evening. At least the air feels clearer outside - for a little while. Dawn is coming, the stars are tucking in back to bed and a Loon is the only sound on the lake. My favourite time of day - soon the song birds will begin their morning tunes and I'll sit on the deck with my coffee and listen to them.
I opted for a  walk in the hood yesterday morning and grab groceries on the way home. Not a really busy day at work, the heat seems to have gotten to everyone. It might have just been a better day to be at a beach instead of in town.
Finally caught up with the male Black Throated Blue Warbler - he's a stunning guy.














Then he got down in the lower bushes, looking for berries.
















Swamp Sparrow















I'm happy to say there are lots of my favourite summer visitor around - Hermit Thrush












A calm morning on the lake as the sun shines through the mist.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment