Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 194 - 12th July 2016 - Belted Kingfisher, Ovenbird and Yellow-Rumped Warbler

I've slept in - or at least for me. Woke around 3 am but did eventually get back to sleep then it was almost 6 am - guess I must have been tired. At least I'm sleeping better than I have in a very long time. The bad nights are fewer and further between. Off again today then I've got a longer stretch of days on. This weekend is Founders Days and everyone is on deck. Should be fun. Might make some cookies today, Cathy's coming for coffee this afternoon and I'll take the rest to work with me maybe. Best not to keep those around the house. Must get another coffee and head out to the hood early this morning.
Well the weather finally turned in the afternoon and the sun came out. Had a good day at home - finished off some sewing, laundry and some "light" housework done.  Enjoyed the birds in the backyard and got a few jaunts around the hood. Also did the last week of my online course - came away with some new knowledge and ideas regarding Museums in the 21st Century. Some things were just way out there though.

Finally - my nemesis, the Belted Kingfisher. I was stunned when he flew to a branch not far from me.













Ovenbird



















Northern Parula hiding in the Lilac Bush.















Never did get a good shot of this youngster one hiding in the leaves, but I'm quite sure by what I can see he's a Yellow-Rumped Warbler.







Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment