Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Day 187 -5th July 2016 - Hermit Thrush, Patridgeberry and Blue Jay

Sun is coming up slowly this morning, maybe behind a little fog on the lake. Still a little dark to tell. Looks like it will be another nice day with warm temperatures. Rain forecast for later in the week but no amount. I've not seen the lake so low in a long time. Going to toss some ribs in the slow cooker before I go to work, hopefully they will be tasty when we get home for supper
A great day off - did a little housework - it was just too nice to spend much time inside. Got the 5th week done of my online course, roamed the hood, chased some birds and enjoyed a little time on the deck. Lots of Red-Eyed Vireos around, saw a few Black and White Warbler and Yellow Rumped on my travels too. Of course I also caught up with a few friends on the phone. Picked some swiss chard from the garden to go with supper. Nice that things are coming along and we can have some fresh veggies these days.
One very vocal or maybe hungry Hermit Thursh.













There seems to be a lot of Blue Jays around again.
















Partridgeberry. I'm always searching for new wildflowers or plants for my friend Maureen.















 Common Yellowthroat.






Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kim... When I read your heading this morning I got super excited to see what a partridge berry was... lol It reminds me of the mayflower. I'll have to see if I can find some when I'm out there for the Elliott Family Reunion this weekend. Drop over if you're off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just did a google search on Partridge berry to see what the berry looked like and found out this is my absolute most favourite ground cover I see at the lake. I tried last year to find out what it was but didn't. Now I know... Super pumped... thanks again Kim :)

    ReplyDelete