Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 192 - 11th July 2016 - Palm Warbler, Yarrow and a Robin

Looks like some showers in the forecast. Working again today, but maybe the rain will hold off so I can get a quick jaunt around the hood before I go. 
Saturday was much cooler than it has been - kind of felt good, although it remained rather overcast most of the day. Good day at work, some tourists around, got some sewing done - all good. Stopped on the way home to Cathy's to see how they all did at Mud Heroes. Lots of laughs in those tales. Got home to no power - yup another suicidal squirrel. Called NS Power, more laughs - you know you live in a small town when they get the call out and it's the same guy who's been here the last couple of times and knows exactly what the problem is when he sees the house #.  We all had a good chuckle.
 Lots of youngsters are beginning to appear around the yard now. This one's a Palm Warbler.
















A little preening.
 Yarrow...I think. Mostly found as white but we have a pink patch close to the road.
A Robin catches the prize.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful picture of the pink yarrow... The robin with the worm caught me off guard, I was viewing the pics in full screen mode... yuck. How the heck does he eat that huge thing?? I don't think I want to think about it. :p

    ReplyDelete