Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 211 - 29th July 2016 - Ovenbird, Catbird and Least Flycatcher

 Back to work today and the weekend, these days I'm not sure what day it is. Have more or less gotten use to working on weekends and most of the time it's not so bad. I'm sure we'll have lots of visitors, there is always something interesting to work on and the day goes by quickly. Rain supposedly later this afternoon or evening - would be good if it could rain all night.
Had a lovely day at home - little hot but battled that with a dip in the lake. It was so nice and refreshing in the middle of the afternoon. I buzzed around did some "light" housekeeping and some meal prep. Went off early for my morning walk, but it appears we don't have early birds in the hood, I was out for almost an hour before they started popping up, flitting around looking for their breakfast. Fresh swiss chard and peas from the garden. When I was shelling out the peas, I had a instant memory of sitting on the back step at my grandparents doing the same thing many years ago. I don't like that chore any better now but it was nice to drift back through time for a few minutes.
Ovenbird
















Least Flycatcher
















Yellow-Rumped Warbler
And my friendly Catbird, decided to pose for me.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment