Friday, July 8, 2016

Day 190 - 8th July 2016 - Ruby Throated Hummingbirds and a Common Yellowthroat

More rain overnight - well needed. Might clear later today so will get what I need done this morning. Still have some inside work to do. Have talked Larry into picking up supper on the way home so won't have to worry about that tonight, but will do a little more lunch box prep today as I'm working the weekend. Getting a little more used to the change of routine.
Big B. and I went out for our morning walk yesterday, but of course got caught in a shower or two. Good thing I had taken her rain jacket although I came home a little damp. No sign of bears on my jaunts even with Lexi. Seems to be lots of birds around the yard including Red-Eyed Vireos, Yellow Rumped Warblers, Woodpeckers, Black & white Warblers, Nuthatches, Chickadees, Goldfinches and Purple Finches. I don't bother putting feed out in the summer as there is lots around for them to find. In the past I've discovered that the ones who win the most when I feed in warmer months are squirrels!
I realized that here it is July and I've not taken any photos of the Hummingbirds this year and what would summer be without Hummingbirds!
One will often sit on on the Bean netting watching the feeders - ready to drive another one away.
Cheeky fellow - sticking his tongue out!















Their wings move so fast.
Common Yellowthroat.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots!! Hard to believe you caught the tongue sticking out. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete