Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 322 - 18th November 2015 - Pine Cone, Berries and a Leaf

Wednesday - my town day. I went to bed with the thought I'd go have my annual blood work done this morning.  When I got up this morning, I thought 3 hours with out a cup of coffee was too much of a hardship today so I'll aim to do that chore another day. My meds will soon run out so I've got to do it fairly soon -  procrastinating. Lots to do today - errands, volunteer work, etc.
The days are definitely cooler. They have that raw feeling that comes this time of year.  The bulk of the trees are now bare around the lake. Oh there is still the odd leaf here and there but not many. Most of the trees and bushes in the yard are the same way. The Weeping Willow still has some but they have turned to yellow and will soon follow the rest. Not much around the feeders yesterday, mostly just Blue Jays, Grackles, Mourning Doves and Chickadees. I yearn for something different. I finished the living room then spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. Gingerbread men/women made, big pot of soup and a chicken dish for Larry's lunches. My cousin Cathy stopped for coffee in the afternoon (she works in this area on Tuesdays). I enjoy our weekly hour of catch up and sent her home with cookies.
Pretty dull and grey, just a little color along the shore.
Lots of Pine Cones around. This one had fallen on someone's dock.
A single leaf, all that is left of fall.
A few red berries still on branches.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment