Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 315 - 11th November 2015 - Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-Rumped Warbler and a Bird's Nest

Remembrance Day - a time to remember, be grateful and thankful. The stars were out earlier but the skies have darkened - no twinkling lights. Rain on it's way but not as much as they were predicting a few days ago. Internet is wonky this morning - no idea what that is all about - I don't even try to figure it out anymore. Need to jump start my ambition and get some things done today. I can't let days drift into days.
It was beautiful day - hard to believe it's November. I had a very quiet morning walk in the fog. Even went out to the point but the Song Sparrows who summer there were gone. I did flush out two Ruffed Grouse along the way - not sure who was more startled them or me. They were right next to me when they flew up! The backyard was more active today. A number of Blue Jays, couple of Grackles, Chickadees, a Red-Winged Black Bird, Eastern Phoebe, Yellow Rumped Warbler and a couple of Hairy Woodpeckers. Spending too much time in front of the kitchen window or on the deck watching to see what is out there means I'm not getting a lot done inside.
 Pine Cones are everywhere - I think the squirrels have a little something to do with this.
Eastern Phoebe.













 Ruffed Grouse hiding in the branches.
 Red-Winged Blackbird. They all wanted to hide in the branches.
Now the leaves are disappearing, nests are appearing. Probably a Robin's.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment