Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 318 - 14th November 2015 - Red-Winged Black Bird, Blue Jays and Old Man's Beard

Not sure what the plans are for today, in the back of my mind I'm toying with doing some Christmas shopping. Not that I want to but it's creeping up there and the closer it comes the worse the stores will be. If I could go once and do it all that would be great, but never happens. There was a time I liked to shopping - that was many years ago, now I like to get in, get what I need and get out!  Suppose to be a little rain this morning. Maybe we'll just see where the day takes us.
Friday went off without a hitch - so maybe the 13th isn't such an unlucky day after all. Some more work around the house, computer stuff and the sun broke out mid morning. Lexi and I took a jaunt around the hood - which was quiet - the norm these days. However, I was pleased to see a Red-winged Black Bird in the yard.  I pulled up a chair got comfy in the kitchen window with Big B and waited. My patience was rewarded. He's hanging out with a couple of Grackles. Song Sparrow, Junco, Woodpeckers, Blue Jays and Mourning Doves were back.
Immature Male Red-Winged Black Bird.















 Old Man's Beard, drying off in the morning sun
 The old bicycle still laying against a tree.
 Blue Jays - greedy beggars, but
a nice burst of color now that the leaves have almost gone.
Hey, when is it my turn!










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment