Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 319 - 15th November 2015 - Downy Woodpecker, Song Sparrow and Juncos

A nor'westerly wind is blowing this morning, stars are hidden behind dark clouds in the sky. As always I'm up earlier than I want to be. Not really sure what's on for today, I have to do some cooking - lunch box stuff. There is a breakfast at the Fire Hall in Ingomar we like to go to but, Larry also wants to make a trip in the opposite direction to Little Harbour, so not sure I want to spent half of the day driving.  Little Harbour would mean birding as we could detour to Hemeon's Head. I guess we'll just wait and see where the day takes us. 
We headed off to Yarmouth yesterday morning to begin the Christmas shopping. Must say I made a good stab at it. I'll only need a couple more trips out  and some local shopping to finish it up. At least the pressure is now off. Some day soon I'll dig out the wrapping paper and start on that job. It's just getting things underway, then it's not so bad. The Red-Winged Blackbird was back in the yard yesterday morning before we left, the two Grackles, some Mourning Doves, Blue Jays, Chickadees and Juncos. There is a Golden Crowned Kinglet flitting around with the Chickadees, but as of yet I can not get a good photo of him. Patience.
Male Downy Woodpecker.
















The Song Sparrow was not in a posing mood. The smaller birds love to rest in the fence.














The two Juncos - both of which are quite happy to hide among the Honeysuckle branches.
As we travelled the back road home, the sky filled with blue and pink clouds.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment