Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 242 - 30th August 2015 - Footbridge, Lark Sparrow, Black-bellied Plover and Broad-winged Hawk

Sunday morning - our turn to work the Community breakfast. I've opted out - too much for me today but Larry's going. I'll putter around home and maybe later today we can go finish off the photos I'm looking for. This evening I'll have to do some editing and get them ready to go. Oh yes I have to rest too!
Morning and evenings are cooler but the days are still lovely and warm. Had a good day Saturday but really over did myself. We headed out to Sable River and went down along Louis Head Beach, on to Little Harbour and Hemeon's Head. Birding was not in my plans but I can't go to Hemeon's Head without hitting the beach. Way to beautiful there and of course there were some shorebirds that made me follow them so I went further than I should have. Larry stayed in the car. We looped up through East Jordan where I found the Lark Sparrow and headed on to Shelburne for groceries. I needed a rest so we went home for a few hours. After supper we went off to Gunning Cove and area and then back home. Too long of a day for my head but the rest of my body enjoyed the fresh air and outdoors.
The footbridge at Sable connecting the two sides of the river. Beautiful calm morning, great for reflections.













The Wheel at the Tom Tigney Mill in Sable River.
At Louis Head Beach someone had this cool wind sock.
Semipalmated Plover doing a little dance in the water.
Black Bellied Plover at Hemeon's Head.

Semi-palmated Plovers.
Lark Sparrow - Wohoo! Lifer for me.
Juvenile Male Hummingbird.
Broad-winged Hawk.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment