Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 236 - 24th August 2015 - Black-throated Green Warbler, Blue-headed Vireo, Cone flowers and a Red Admiral

It would be nice if the humidity would break but doesn't look like any relief this week. A few showers forecast for today. Monday and another work week. Weekends go by too fast and I accomplished very little. The meds are definitely working as this bout of shingles is nothing compared to the last time. The pain level has increased somewhat but thank goodness for old fashion calamine lotion it indeed makes a big difference with the itching.
Didn't get far on Sunday, but then I tire easy so it was best to hang close to home. A very short walk yielded a few birds in the hood. Nice to still find a few Black throated Green Warblers. Would love to see a few of the fall migrants but apparently they prefer the coast line and we are just too far inland I suspect. My day was mostly made up of puttering then resting - I truly dislike resting for any amount of time but I do what my body tells me. Larry worked around outside some and helped out inside. He picked another big bag of beans, blanched and put them in the freezer for the winter. Soon there won't be anything but beans in there.
Black-throated Green Warbler.














 Blue-headed Vireo. They never want to pose, always hiding behind a branch or two!
 Red-eyed Vireo.


 Cone Flowers.

 Red Admiral on the Phlox.
Bees are everywhere.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment