Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 227 - 15th August 2015 - Flowers and Common Yellowthroat

Another foggy morning but promises of a fine day. I've got to help out at our Community Hall this morning, then we are making a quick trip to Yarmouth. The utility trailer that Larry wants is finally on sale. Joy, Joy now he'll have room to haul more junk. Must be a man thing! Doesn't sound like I'm going to get much birding in today.
Friday turned out to be a pretty darn good day! The fog lifted - but not before I had been for my walk. Finally spotted a Blue-headed Vireo (no decent photos though) as well as several other Warblers but nothing unusual. Even managed to find time later in the day to go for a swim and have tea with Lois on her deck.
Dahlias I think, but one of my good gardening friends will know for sure. I love the strong color.











Common Yellowthroat seem to be the only bird willing to pose lately.




Nothing like the simple daisy.
Lots of cobwebs as usual.
This Dragonfly was pretty big.
Bees are in the Sunflowers everyday. Seems that it's a good year for these guys.
Queen Anne's Lace.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment