Thursday, August 13, 2015

Day 225 - 13th August 2015 - Common Yellowthroat, Lily and Hermit Thrush

Thursday morning, still dark but I can hear a loon on the lake. Foggy haze around the street light. Hoping that will disappear by the time I'm ready for my walk but guess it will be later. Suppose to be a sunny day - right through the weekend which sounds good to me. Work today; going with a positive mind set for a good day. Exercise class tonight, trying to get back to my regular schedule with that too.
It was nice to be home, even if it did rain a good part of the day. Managed a jaunt around the hood between showers. A few birds but not many that were in the mood to stand long enough for photos. Common Yellowthroat, several Black Throated Blue Warblers, Hermit Thrushes, Black and White Warblers.  Took the opportunity to make up muffins and breakfasts for next week and tossed those in the freezer - weather is suppose to be good on the weekend so I don't want to be stuck cooking any longer than I have to.
No matter how he posed this Common Yellowthroat Warbler reminded me of the "Angry Bird".

A neighbour's Lily - they sure come in a variety of colors and sizes.
A few times I thought the sun was trying to break through but it never really succeeded.

Hermit Thrush. A youngster by the looks of him. There were several chasing one another through the bushes.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment