Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 242 - 30th August 2014 - Bubbles, Ducks and a Hummingbird

Saturday, only +7.4 this morning. I have no idea what direction we are heading in today. The tide and my time are not in sync today. I need to be back home late this afternoon and ready by 4 pm as I have another obligation to attend. It may be one of those days that we pick our destination when we get to the highway intersection. I'm sure we'll have a good day no matter which way we go but I'd also like to check out the hood this morning.
Nice day with a cool breeze. Too windy for many birds on my walk yesterday morning - I could hear them down in the swamps. Quiet and peaceful with a fair amount accomplished just as I wanted. Did the dreaded grocery shopping before leaving town to go home. One thing out of the way for the weekend. A lazy evening after supper.  The air has certainly turned cooler in the evenings.  I sat on the deck and watch a few birds in the trees, every time I ran for my camera they disappeared. They were all the regular ones -Downy Woodpecker, Red eyed Vireo and Northern Parula. Sometimes it's nice to just watch.
 Just a glimmer of light coming over the tree line.
 Bubbles floating in the rippling water of the lake.
The Ducks seemed to be very happy - preening after their breakfast.
The last few Hummingbirds like to sit in the Honeysuckle Bush.
















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment