Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day 233 - 21st August 2014 - Misty Lake, Ducks, Birds, Flowers and Butterflies

Looks like another nice morning coming - stars and moon are all out, but I've slept in so this is a good thing. Work today, hopefully tick a few more things off my list.
Had a great day on Wednesday. Fine weather, gently breeze - good stuff. Headed out for the hood early and stalked for almost 3 hours. Amazing how some morning in 20 mins I can see lots of birds and other days - not much but that's how she flies! Lexi and I roamed some more throughout the day but it remained pretty quiet. Got meals ready for the next few nights and did up the minimal housework required to keep me out of one of those reality TV shows.
Love starting the day with the sun coming through the mist on the lake.
 Looks like a Yellow-rumped Warbler.
 Everyone was hanging in the branches - Common Yellow-throated Warbler.
 A little too much light, but looks like he's giving me the evil eye - Red-Eyed Vireo.
 Lots of ducks - mostly Mallards in the coves. The lake is so low now.



 I like watching them fly off into the mist.
And a few cobwebs were among the branches.
 I liked his double reflection. Looks like he's doing some stretching exercises.
 An Atlantis Fritillary.
 Maybe the Hydrangea family.

Another Atlantis Fritillary and Bee sharing one of our "wild" Sunflowers.







Enjoy your day!

1 comment: