Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 220 - 8th August 2014 - Robin, Common Yellowthroat Warbler, Moths and Sunflower

Larry and I are both off today, so we are heading to the beach with some of my cousins for a few hours, should be a great day. I'll get in some birding and some family photos. Looking forward to our day. Need to do some grocery shopping on the way home then we are out again this evening. Long weekends are great! Think I'll roam the hood for an hour or so this morning to see what I can find before we leave.
A few more things finished at work today and some more started. It was a good day. A few researchers in - nice to see those who come every year from away and catch up on what they are doing. Lunch at the Beandock - switched it up and had the fishburger and salad - yummy. Pan fried haddock not deep fried like most places. Larry was off and got some wood done and made supper so all in all a great day. Last evening I discovered the birds were hiding out in my back  yard - no wonder I can't find them around the hood. There is one I couldn't seem to get a shot of - but it drove me nuts. Too many leaves, apples and branches in those apple trees!

 Almost a silhouette but this Robin has breakfast.
 The Common Yellowthroat Warblers are definitely getting friendlier.
 I phished and this Chickadee almost landed on me!
 Hanging out in the Honeysuckle bush guarding the feeder.
 There were several of these small white moths.
Our sunflower compliments of the birds or squirrels is soon going to bloom.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment