Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 229 - 17th August 2014 - Red-Eyed Vireo, Sunflower and Gladiolus

Weather was lovely Saturday. I hit out around the hood early, figuring it would be a busy day which in the end went haywire. Guess that happens sometimes.  Larry worked in the wood pile, I did some stuff inside. Late afternoon we went off to Barrington and did the groceries, waited for our friend but her plans got changed so we headed back home again. Early evening for me after a too early morning. Unfortunately we didn't get out on Cape Sable Island to check for the birds.
Might try for those birds this morning, they are giving a change of rain and it will probably be foggy but unless it's a downpour we might as well give it a run.  Guessing that Avocet won't hang around too much longer if he's still there today. Other than that no great plans other than Larry and his wood pile.
 Not a great photo, but I like the softness and blur of everything.
 The sun started to come out then the clouds took over.
 Those darn branches! Red-eyed Vireo.
 I think he's a young Swamp Sparrow.
 My Glads have begun to bloom.
 Bees in the Sunflower - they were there for hours.
I think this is a Cabbage White Butterfly - seems to be a lot around now.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment