Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 231 - 19th August 2014 - Black-Throated Blue Warbler, Squirrel and Frog

Moon and the stars are all out - going to be a fine day. Already the days are getting noticeably shorter. I think my sleeping is affected by the days changing, seems when fall/winter creeps in I sleep less. My summer student is finished this Friday, wish I could have had one more week of her, but the funding didn't last that long. She's a great young woman and will go far in her chosen career. Not sure if she'll return next year, usually after a couple of summers home they tend to look for summer work in the city.
Another great Monday - birds were flitting all around in the morning. In fact I  kind of gave up and watched them, sometimes it's just easier. It was a good start to the week - researchers in, got some work done and spent part of the afternoon in a presentation/meeting that was both impressive and informative. No exercise class last night, however, I binged out on junk food which is not my norm. Guess sometimes that happens.
 Female - Black-Throated Blue Warbler - she doesn't look impressed with me.
 I found the male in another spot but he actually got too close for a photo.
 Norther Parula was hanging out on the ground for a bit.
 Once I see the Chickadees, the Warblers are usually close by. Everyone loves the Chickadees!




















He just hung out in the tree til the birds were finished and moved on.










 I haven't seen a lot of frogs this year. This guy looks big.
Love this spot in the branch of the river.















Enjoy your day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment