Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 223 - 11th August 2014 - Common Terns, Bonaparte Gull, Cormorants and Gulls

Here we are back at Monday and the work week again. Maybe it's a good thing - I need a rest from my social activities. I have researchers coming today and lots of work to get through. Only another couple of weeks and my  student will be finished, the summer has flown by.
Sunday finished off another great weekend. We left around lunch time and headed to Ingomar to go out on Eddie's new boat. I must say she's a beautiful boat and rides wonderfully. What a great afternoon, got home around 7 pm. Saw lots of Cormorants, Gulls, Common Terns, Gannets, Guillemots and other birds as well as Seals. Perfect sunny day on the water. Larry took along a fishing rod, Eddie and Matt had guitars and we had lots of food and refreshments. I watched the full moon come lazily up through the trees last night then headed off to bed.
 I hit the hood early yesterday morning, sun was just making a breakthrough.
 Now the Magnolia Warblers are everywhere, a few months ago I could only find one at the top of a tree.
 Above: Common Terns in flight.




Black Guillemots - not a great shot.

 McNutt Island's Light in the distance.

 Saw a number of Gannets.
 Cormorants on Gull Rock.

 A Bonaparte Gull - new lifer for me.
 Water off the stern of the boat.

 More Common Terns - they seem to like to hang out on the markers.

Cormorants on Cape Negro Island.
 A Sailboat had settled in for the night, we serenaded them.
The clouds were fabulous.
 It looks like the Cormorant is tagging a ride but they were doing a take off.
One more Common Tern.







Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Great adventure. Good find on the Bonaparte's and great view of the adult Gannet.

    ReplyDelete