Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 221 - 9th August 2014 - Semi-palmated Plovers, Sandpipers and a Beautiful View

Morning came too early, I could have slept in a little more but that's how it rolls for me. Larry's going to tackle some more wood today, I'll hit the hood and then buzz around the house. Maybe later we'll escape somewhere for more shorebirds. Tis' the season and hard to pass an opportunity up.
Wow what a fabulous day we had Friday. We spent most of the day some of my cousins and their children. Ironically enough Larry practically lived with this family and thought of it as his own long before we even met.  It's been too long since I've spent time with all of this side of my family. I think there was 18 of us that went to the shore. So it was a great day. Headed off to Port L'hebert to go clamming. Well I took photos - lots and lots of family pics and ... did I mention there were shorebirds! Lots of good snacks then homeward to pick up some groceries. Back with the cousins for the evening, then stopped to a surprise party for a 50th birthday of a friend. My social life is so busy these days!
 Peeps, peeps every  where peeps!
 Semi-palmated Plovers.
It was bath time!










 While everyone else is working hard at digging clams - I'm roaming around looking for interesting things to photograph.
 Semi-oalmated Sandpipers.

 And I got down and (very dirty) on the wet sand to get at their level.
 The view from the hill going down to the beach.
Looking down where we were. This is actually privately owned - lucky folks but we had permission to visit.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment